- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cooking Time: N/A
- Serves: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
This is a brilliantly vibrant and healthy summer salad that is bursting with flavour and delivers a little kick. It also goes very nicely with a cheeky G&T on the veranda!
- 2 limes
- 2 medium avocados, skin and stone removed, sliced
- 240g butter beans from a can, rinsed and drained
- 1 whole cantaloupe melon, skin and seeds removed, sliced
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds*
- ½ tablespoon golden flaxseeds*
- 2 tablespoon jalapeños, finely chopped
- Handful of fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
*If you don’t have pumpkin or golden flax seeds, pick your favourite alternatives.
- Start with the dressing: combine the juice of one of the limes with the olive oil, chopped shallots and jalapeños and agave nectar in a pestle and mortar and give it a good pummelling. Put to one side.
- Share the slices of melon and avocado between your dishes, pour over a third of the dressing
- Put the butter beans, seeds and half the mint in a bowl, pour over around a third of the dressing and stir until the beans are covered.
- Share the beans between the dishes, pour over the remaining dressing and sprinkle over the rest of the chopped mint and a little salt and pepper to taste.