Gone are the days when the best a vegan could hope for at a British festival was a sorry looking salad or a greasy portion of chips. Vegan food has now hit the mainstream and most festivals and events will feature at least some tasty vegan dishes, ranging from seitan kebabs to Indian street food snacks with a whole range of creative cruelty-free dishes in between.
Across the UK you will also now find specialist vegan food festivals and lifestyle events, which would have been unthinkable even as little as five years ago. These are a great opportunity to get hold of the latest information on everything vegan friendly, try some great vegan food and drink, as well as meeting up with like-minded people.
Calendar of Vegan Festivals
The list below contains the latest information on the UK’s growing vegan festival and events scene. Attending one of these events is a great way of supporting the vegan cause by listening to prominent vegan speakers, making new friends, finding out about vegan-friendly companies in the local area and, of course, sampling some of the finest vegan food out there!
As great as it would be to attend every vegan festival in the UK, sadly, that hasn’t been possible for us (yet!), so this is a list of suggestions rather than recommendations based on the information available at the time of writing – new festivals are being announced all the time. We will be updating this list throughout the year.
As with any event, it is always advisable to check the latest information before setting off to ensure there hasn’t been any changes – social media usually has the most up-to-date details. We all know that the great British weather can play havoc with even the best laid plans so it pays to check before starting your journey.
- Coventry Viva! Vegan Festival – Held in Coventry Cathedral and features 80+ stalls plus music and inspirational speakers
- Dorset Vegan Festival – Hosted by Vegan Events UK and held in Poole, Dorset
- Bristol Yoga & Vegan Festival – Don’t forget to bring your yoga mat!
- Reading Vegan Festival – Vegan food, cosmetics, clothing gifts and more
- Coventry Vegan Festival – Usually held in the same place and at the same time as the Vegan Tattoo Festival
- London Vegan Festival – One of the capital’s many vegan events this one features over 60 stalls, world food caterers, demos, workshops and talks
- Manchester Vegan Winterfest – Over 80 stalls and activities throughout the day for both adults and children
- Bath Vegan Festival – 70 stalls held in Bath Pavillion
- Portsmouth Vegan Winter Festival – Held at the Portsmouth Guildhall, 80+ stalls
- NevfestNorth East Vegan Festival – one of the largest vegan events in the region
- Bristol Viva! Vegan Festival – A great place to stock up on vegan Christmas presents!
- Stroud Vegan Fair – Held biannually and celebrates the best vegan products and brands from the Gloucestershire area
- Oxford Vegan Market – Held in Oxford Town Hall in January and on other selected dates throughout the year
- Oxford Yoga and Vegan Festival – Tasty vegan food and another event where you need to remember to bring your yoga mat
- Cardiff Viva! Vegan Festival – Over 90 stalls with a free kids area
- Vegfest Brighton – Celebrated its 10th anniversary in 2019
- Just V Show – Held annually in London this show covers every aspect of the vegan lifestyle
- Birmingham Vegan Festival – Popular event held at Edgbaston Cricket Ground
- Northern Vegan Festival – Held in Manchester with over 130 stalls
- Great Yorkshire Vegan Festival – One of the largest vegan festivals in the north, usually held in Leeds
- Brighton Vegan Summer Festival – Brighton’s biggest outdoor vegan festival
- Bath Vegan Festival – Sister event of the November Festival, held in the same location Bath Pavillion